Thursday, September 27, 2012

Consistently Inconsistent

Dangit. This blog was supposed to hold me accountable. I wasn’t supposed to allow WEEKS to go by without documenting what it was like to be a stay-at-home Broad Ripple Baby Mama. But I did.
#Fail.

Instead of wallowing in disappointment, allow me to pick up where I left off. The last time I blogged was August 19th. Hank was a few days shy of one month old. Two days ago, he celebrated is two month old birthday, and in that month, he has grown into quite the young man. Social smiles, sleeping through the night, filling out his onsies…it all happened so fast! Where did my “little” 8 pound 7 ounce newborn go?

 Speaking of newborn, I put all of Hank’s newborn clothes away a few weeks ago. Sad. But, in other “newborn” news, Hank found out he will be having a little GIRL cousin, Mila, in February. So exciting! I love that Hank has/will have so many friends and cousins around his age. It’s fun to think about them growing up together and forming strong friendships. 
But I digress.

Hank and I (and Scott when he is not working his butt off) have lived it up this last month. Walks (usually on the Monon) every day are a must. We run quite a few errands throughout the week and have visitors (or go visit others) regularly. I also try to spend a good part of my day just enjoying this season of life, and, more specifically, enjoying Hank at this age. I am learning all too soon that the “they grow up so fast” phrase is a brutal reality, so I am trying to soak up as many baby smiles as I can. I love that little pieces of his personality are starting to shine.

Hank could not be any more like his dad. He not only looks exactly like Scott, but he is beginning to act like him, too. For example, Scott thrives on time by himself and enjoys, on occasion, being left alone. And, wouldn’t you know it, if Hank is in one of our arms screaming and crying, we can put him down by himself and he will be perfectly content. That little man just wants left alone. He is definitely not a cuddle bug, and I can’t decide if I am happy or sad about it.

We still swear by our Rock N’ Play but love that Hank sleeps in his crib at night. We put up a mobile, and he absolutely loves it. I love that he is becoming more and more alert and can follow objects with his eyes. Hank is also up quite a bit more now during the day, and he requires a lot more of my attention. This is bittersweet. I love that he and I can interact more, but the selfish side of me misses getting extended time to do what I want to do without a needy baby. Wow. That sounds terrible, but I gotsta’ keep it real!

And, can I just take a few minutes to brag on my husband? Scott is such an amazing, AMAZING dad. He is so helpful, and even through an especially busy time at work, he manages to make his family his number one priority. Watching him interact with his boy is enough to make my heart explode into a million pieces! AHHHH! Don’t be fooled, now; we are not conflict free (in fact, last night, I about drop-kicked him and I’m pretty sure he wanted to do the same to me (joke!)). But, man. I am so blessed to have him. And so is Hank (even though he doesn’t know it yet).
Alright. Time for me to renew my blog vows. I am committed to updating this thing more frequently and using this blog for the following purposes (that I mentioned in my second post):

1.      Document my transition from being a (semi) career woman into a full-time mama
2.      Satisfy my need to write

3.      Record some sweet (and probably not so sweet) moments with my little man

4.      Be a resource to share fun and budget friendly activities around Broad Ripple

5.      Be a resource for family and friends to see pictures of Baby P

6.      Hold me accountable (You have my permission to call me out if you see me getting lazy.)

Let me end by sharing a few pictures. Adios!

Two Weeks

Almost Two Months!

No comments:

Post a Comment