Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Saturday Stroll

Broad Ripple Farm Market
One of the great things about living in Broad Ripple is that there are a ton of local shops to explore within walking distance. In my last post, I mentioned that the Monon Trail was one of my favorite "baby treats" because it allows me to get some exercise along with some fresh air. It is also an easy (and safe) way to travel to and from local Broad Ripple shops, allowing Hank and I to avoid motor traffic and bumpy sidewalks.

Has anyone tried the peach shake-up? Sounds so good!
This past weekend, Scott, Hank and I took a short stroll to the Farm Market (yes, it's "Farm" not "Farmer's") on 54th Street. It is literally right off of the Monon, so we didn't have to worry about crossing any busy streets. We (Scott and I) were really looking forward to trying a peach shake-up which the Farm Market proudly advertises in front of their building. Unfortunately, they were out, so we settled for a lemon shake-up, sat in the shade, and spent some QT while enjoying the nice weather.

Hank will be three weeks tomorrow, and I feel like I am slowly becoming more confident going out with him (specifically on walks) by myself. I have yet to drive anywhere with him (without Scott) because we really haven't needed to go anywhere. Don't worry. I have gotten out of the house and had some "mommy" time, and our walks around town are certainly great for my mental health!

Look at all the fresh produce! Yummy!!
I feel like Hank is getting big way too fast. Last night, I was holding him and 'coo-ing' at him, and he got the biggest smile on his face (social or not? who knows?! who cares!?). I instantly lost it, and once again, Scott came to the rescue with some tissue. I am a train wreck. Still! When does this emotional stuff go away?

Looking forward to taking more small adventures with my family and sharing them here! This weekend, Grandma and Grandpa Prentice are headed down from Logansport and we might try walking to the Broad Ripple Farmer's Market (which I'm obsessed with, by the way!).

Pictures of my growing boy coming soon!

UPDATE: Scott and I walked back to the Farm Market tonight (Wednesday) and tried the peach shake-up. Let me just say, it knocked the lemon shake-up out of the park. It was SO good. We also saw some pretty yummy dinner served there. We are thinking of going there for a date night in the (very) near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment